If you like Chicago Style Italian Beef you are going to fall in LOVE with Easy Instant Pot Italian Beef! With just a few ingredients, it cooks quickly in your pressure cooker and makes the BEST dipping broth.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into chunks
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 packets Italian Dressing (dry mix)
- Jar of your favorite giardiniera
- Optional – rolls for sandwiches and/or sliced provolone cheese
- Begin by placing the beef chunks into your Instant Pot and pouring 1/4 cup of the giardiniera brine over the beef.
- Next, mix the beef broth and Italian Dressing packets together in a medium-sized saucepan. Cook on high heat until the broth begins to boil, then turn the heat to low and allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the broth mixture over the beef chunks.
- Set your Instant Pot on high pressure and set the cook time to 60 minutes.
- When the cook time is done, allow the pressure cooker to perform a natural release for about 15 minutes. (After 15 minutes, you can manually release any remaining pressure.)
- Shred the beef, saving the broth in your Instant Pot.
- When serving, top the Italian Beef with giardiniera. If making sandwiches, you can also add provolone cheese and serve with a side of the broth for dipping. (I personally forgo the cheese and add a large dollop of yellow mustard to my sandwich, and then dunk it in the amazing broth dipping sauce!)
Keywords: 4-Ingredient, Instant Pot, Italian Beef, Easy, Beginners Instant Pot Recipe