Feeding Your People Should NOT Be Complicated.
With all the thing going on in your day, do you feel like you need to have superpowers to get dinner on the table? Do you ever come across a picture in a cooking magazine that looks AMAZING, but you flip the page as soon as you start reading the ingredient list? I mean, seriously, if a recipe calls for 17 different spices, haven’t you already lost the average person?
How many times have you wished you had brought that amazing dish to your church potluck or kids’ sports banquette? The one where everyone requests the recipe and makes you feel like awesome-mom? But, it ends up being TOO MUCH, so you stopped and picked up a container of Loft Cookies and Potato Salad at the grocery store on the way there?
This is the thing though, cooking does not have to be complicated. Quite frankly, most of us are too busy to make room for anything that is overly complicated. We all have to eat. Our families need to be fed and food is a big part of most social occasions. And, honestly, doesn’t really good food just make you happy? Plus, when you’ve made something yourself and everyone loves it, it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and accomplished inside. 😊
I love to cook and spending time around the dinner table with my family is super important to me. I also spend my days working as a consultant and, when that shift ends, start round-two of my day as a personal “Uber Driver” to two active, sports obsessed kids. So, when it comes to feeding my family or brings a dish somewhere to share with friends, I need to rely on recipes that are usually fast and always simple.
On this site you will find:
- Recipes that are EASY to prepare….no complicated steps here!
- Simple ingredient lists that are as short as humanly possible.
- Recipes that can be prepped, cooked, and on the table quickly. Check out these Main Dishes that can be prepared in Under 30 Minutes.
- Dishes that are easy to prepare and have a “hands off” cooking time that will allow you to have some free time while dinner cooks. (Think slow cookers, instant pots/pressure cookers, simmering pots on the stove, or a quiche that comes together quickly and then spends some time in the oven.)
- Cooking tips and techniques that will save you time and make even an new cook look like a pro!
- Recipes that have been tested out on my family and friends and declared “keepers”.
I am so glad you’re here and hope you’ll dig right in and find a few recipes or tips that will work for your family!