(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
Easy Weeknight Meal Idea – Under 30 Minute Meal
Artichokes are awesome. Artichokes that have been broiled until they have crispy bits all over them are the awesomest. I’m not sure that “awesomest” is actually a word but, this artichoke chicken is beyond yummy, especially for such a quick and easy meal.
This artichoke chicken recipe is one of my “go-to” easy recipes when I’m having guests over. It’s delicious, impressive, and can be thrown together in a hurry. The combination of artichokes and feta in this meal is heavenly! A quick note on feta cheese, check the speciality cheese section of your grocery store for fresh feta cheese that is stored in brine. Once you’ve had this creamy, salty, amazing feta, it may not be possible to go back to the crumbles found in the “normal cheese section” of the dairy section.
Once you’ve marinated the chicken, the bake time is only 22 minutes. If you have time to let the chicken marinade for half an hour, it simply gives you a better brine. If you are short on time, 5 minutes is absolutely acceptable, bringing this recipe together in less than 30 minutes. While the chicken is cooking, boil some fresh pasta (found in the refrigerator section of the grocery store) and serve the chicken and artichokes over the pasta. The pasta creates a perfect bed for the melty feta and yummy artichoke juices.
This artichoke chicken dish is one of my “go-to” easy recipes when I’m having guests over. It’s delicious, impressive, and can be thrown together in a jiffy. The combination of artichokes and feta in this meal is heavenly!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 6 oz jar marinated artichokes (Make sure that you buy the kind marinated in oil, not water.)
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 16 ounces fresh pasta (You can use any type of pasta you like, but I prefer to use fresh fettucine -found in the refrigerator section of your grocery store- because it makes the meal feel a bit more elegant.
- Begin by placing chicken thighs in a ziplock bag and pouring in a 6 oz jar of marinated artichoke hearts. Let the chicken marinate for half an hour. (If you are short on time, 5 minutes is good enough, too!)
- When ready to cook the chicken, preheat oven to Broil.
- Begin boiling water and prepare 12 ounces of pasta according to package directions, you will want the pasta to be ready just before the chicken is done.
- Place under the broiler and bake for approximately 10 minutes, until golden brown. Simply drain the liquid (retaining the artichokes with the chicken) and place on a broiler pan.
- Remove pan from oven, turn chicken thighs over, and bake for approximately another ten minutes, until cooked throughout, and remove from oven.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over chicken and artichokes and return to the oven, broiling for another 1-2 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
For an impressive presentation, place pasta on a platter and top with the chicken and artichokes.