(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
BBQ Chicken Pizza on Naan Bread is such an easy recipe! This Kid friendly dinner is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
Don’t you love it when the recipes your family can’t get enough of are so easy you could practically make them in yours sleep? This Barbecue Chicken Naan Flatbread Pizza is another one to add to that list!
I’ve had very similar pizzas in restaurants and it’s amazing how easy they are to recreate at home.
This pizza comes together SO quickly and bakes in less time than a frozen pizza.
It’s perfect for when you have to eat and run or you get home late and need to fix a quick dinner before it’s time to send everyone off to bed. It’s such a kid friendly dinner!
Ingredients (4 Servings – 1/2 flatbread each)
- 2 Pieces naan flatbread
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/4 red onion, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the naan bread on a large baking sheet and spread 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce evenly on each of the flatbread.
- In a bowl, mix the remaining barbecue sauce with the shredded chicken.
- Divide the chicken/barbecue mixture in half and spread one half over each of the naan breads. (This may seem like a lot of chicken, but the goal is to create hearty, dinner sized portions. If you are planning on serving these as appetizers, go ahead and go lighter on the chicken.)
- Sprinkle ½ cup of cheese over each of the naan breads, covering the chicken. Top with cilantro, if desired.
- Divide the red onions in half and place on top of the cheese.
- Place in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is warmed through.
Time to Eat!
Cut each of the finished flatbread into 4 pieces, call your family to dinner, and prepare for the “ews and ahs” that are coming! Serve this alongside a simple salad or with mixed fruit and call dinner done!