This Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is full of cheesy goodness! And, it’s so easy that even a beginner to pressure cooking can make this recipe.
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 28 ounces can green enchilada sauce
- 24 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups Colby jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 4 ounces salsa verde
- First, place the chicken breasts and 1 cup of chicken broth into your Instant Pot. Set the pressure to high and set to Manual Cook for 8 minutes. (Remember, the Instant Pot will not begin cooking the chicken until it reaches full pressure.)
- After the pressure cooker is done cooking, allow it to naturally release for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes have passed, you can perform a quick release to remove the rest of the steam.
- Next, open the lid to your Instant Pot and, carefully remove the chicken breasts, place them in a medium-sized bowl or onto a large cutting board. Shred the chicken and set aside.
- Next, turn on the saute medium feature. Return the shredded chicken to the Instant Pot and add the remaining chicken broth, green enchilada sauce, and salsa. Heat the mixture for about 5 minutes, until it’s warmed throughout.
- Finally, add the whole milk, Colby jack cheese, and cream cheese to the pressure cooker. Stir the soup occasionally until the cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with desired toppings!
Keywords: Instant Pot Chicken Green Enchilada Soup