Everyone needs a “go-to” chicken salad and this will be yours. Whip up a batch for a quick meal or a potluck. This gets more delicious the longer it sits…if it lasts that long!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 medium red onion, diced very fine
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayo (I used avocado oil mayo)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water until cool. (I usually add a few ice cubes to the strainer as well, to speed up the cooling process.)
- While the pasta is cooking, wash the broccoli and chop into small florets. Dice the onion, using a handheld chopper if you have one, into very fine pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayo, sugar, and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Place the cooled pasta and shredded chicken into a large bowl and mix until combined. Add the cheddar cheese, broccoli, and onion to the same bowl, mixing well.
- Pour the mayo dressing over the salad mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe