It wouldn’t be Christmas at our house without a batch of Christmas Coconut Kiss Macaroon cookies! The dough in this recipe is quick and easy to make and kids love to help by placing the chocolate kiss on top of this simple dessert.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups sweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 48 milk chocolate kisses (unwrapped)
- Being by combining the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Next, mix the egg yolk and almond extract in with the butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Next, stir in 3 cups coconut by hand.
- Cover the dough and refrigerate for 1 hour or until the dough is easy to handle.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the remaining coconut into a shallow bowl and begin shaping the dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the coconut and place on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2-inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned/toasted.
- After you remove them from the oven, immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- Allow the macaroons to cool on pan 2-3 minutes until they are “set” before transferring them to a baking rack to cool completely.
Keywords: Coconut Kiss Macaroon Cookies, Christmas, Easy Dessert