Packed with sweet corn, potatoes, and chunks of jumbo shrimp, this Shrimp Corn Chowder is summer in a bowl! As a bonus, this simple recipe is so easy to make, even on a weeknight. Serve it with a crusty loaf of french bread and dinner is done!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 TBSP Flour
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups small red potatoes, diced and unpeeled
- 2 cups sweet corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 14-ounce can of creamed corn
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups milk (use skim for a lighter soup, whole milk if you want something creamier, or anything in between)
- 1 pound cooked jumbo shrimp, chopped
- First, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, whisk in the flour until it’s nice and smooth.
- Next, add the onions and celery to the pan and sauté until it’s soft about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the water, potatoes, corn kernels, creamed corn, salt, and pepper. Stir everything together until well mixed.
- Now, cover the pan and let it simmer until the potatoes are beginning to get tender, about 25 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and add the milk to the saucepan. Let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the shrimp and let the soup simmer for another 5 minutes, until the shrimp is heated.
Keywords: easy jumbo shrimp corn chowder