This easy Banana Bread recipe is such a simple way to use up your overripe bananas! It starts with a box of your favorite cake mix and makes the best, most moist dessert quick bread.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 3–4 medium ripe bananas
- nonstick cooking spray
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, spray two 8×4 loaf bread pans with cooking spray.
- Place all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (There’s no need to mash the bananas, just break them into 3-4 pieces each and toss them in the bowl.)
- Next, using an electric mixer, blend the ingredients on medium speed for about a minute until everything is combined.
- Now, divide the batter evenly between your two greased bread pans.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick or butter knife inserted in center of loaves comes out clean.
- For best results, allow the pans to cool for about 15 minutes and then remove the loaves from the pans to finish cooling on a wire rack.
Use Mix-Ins to Create Your Favorite Banana Bread Recipe Variation
Because this recipe makes 2 loaves, you can make two different types of Banana Bread from the same batter.
I usually just divide the batter between the two loaf pans and add the ingredients right to the banana bread batter. Just take a wooden spoon and swirl the batter until the mix-ins are evenly distributed.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread – Mix in 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips per loaf
- Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts – Mix in 1/2 cup per loaf
- Maraschino Cherries – 1/4 cup chopped per loaf
- Butterscotch Chips – Mix in 1 cup per loaf
- Cinnamon-Sugar – Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon per loaf. Sprinkle over the top of the loaf before baking
- Blueberries – Mix in 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries per loaf
- Coconut – Mix in 1/2 cup shredded coconut per loaf
- Hawaiian Banana Bread – add 1/2 cup of coconut per loaf along with 1/2 cup macadamia nuts per loaf
- The Elvis – Add 1 cup of peanut butter chips per loaf
Keywords: Simple Easy Cake Mix Banana Bread