If you are looking for an easy instant pot dinner recipe, look no further than this Easy Instant Pot Mongolian Beef crowd pleaser! Packed with yummy flavor, this Asian inspired meal is perfect for kids and adults alike!
- ½ cup of flour
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 2/3 cup of water
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger*
- ¾ cup of brown sugar (not packed)
- ½ tsp of red pepper flakes
- Rice (optional)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Cut the flank steak into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, toss the flank steak in the flour (working in batches if you need to) and set aside when done.
- In a medium bowl, combine the soy cause, rice vinegar, water, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes.
- Place the flank steak into the Instant pot and pour the soy sauce mixture over the meat. Stir it up until the meat is totally covered.
- Note: many of the recipes I’ve tried call for browning the meat in sesame oil, in batches, before adding the sauce. I have attempted this step, found it sort of annoying, and decided to try and skip it. There is zero difference in the outcome of this dish – you do not need to brown the meat in this particular recipe.)
- Close the lid on your Instant Pot and set it to the Manual (high pressure) setting and set the timer to 15 minutes.
- When the cooking time is over, allow the Instant Pot to natural release for 10 minutes and then use the quick release feature to depressurize the pressure cooker
- Serve this super yummy Mongolian Beef over rice and garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds!
Keywords: easy instant pot Mongolian Beef recipe, Pressure Cooker Meal