If you’re craving Mexican food but your kids are picky eaters, Easy Kid-Friendly Chicken Enchiladas is the perfect “meet-in-the-middle” recipe! This simple baked meal with red sauce and just a few other ingredients makes a quick weeknight dinner.
- 2 cups of shredded chicken
- 10 ounce can of enchiladas sauce
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1.5 cups of your favorite salsa
- 4 ounce can of chopped green chilies (undrained)
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, place the cream cheese and salsa in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring until the cream cheese is melted and it’s blended with the salsa.
- Next, stir the chicken and green chilis into the cream cheese mixture and remove the pan from heat.
- Pour 1/2 a cup of the enchilada sauce into a 13×9-inch baking pan and swirl the pan around until the entire bottom is covered with sauce.
- Next, spoon approximately 1/3 a cup of the chicken mixture onto a tortilla, roll it up, and place it seam side down in the sauce covered pan. Continue to do this until you’ve filled all 8 tortillas.
- Next, cover with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
- Finally, cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the enchiladas are heated throughout.
- Take out of the oven and serve!