This easy appetizer recipe is a party favorite and ALWAYS a crowd-pleaser! Layers of delicious ground beef taco meat, cream cheese and sour cream, cheese, and veggies make this Tex-Mex dish hearty enough for a quick family dinner, too.
- 1 lb 90-92% lean ground beef
- 2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
- ¾ cup water
- 16-oz container of sour cream
- 8-oz package of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 ¼ -oz can sliced black olives, drained
- In a large skillet, crumble and cook the ground beef over medium heat until it’s no longer pink. (This will take about 5-6 minutes.)
- Next, add the water and one of the envelopes of taco seasoning. Continue to cook over low heat until the mixture has thickened.
- While the taco meat is cooling off a bit, beat the sour cream, cream cheese, and the other envelope of taco seasoning in a small bowl until it’s thoroughly blended.
- Spread the sour cream and cream cheese mixture into a 13×9 baking pan or a 3-quart dish.
- In this order, top the mixture with ground beef, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, peppers, and black olives.
Keywords: Easy, Quick, Taco Dip, with cream cheese, ground beef taco meat