Easy Seared Ahi Tuna Greek Chopped Salad is not your typical “tuna salad”. Packed with fresh greens, bell peppers, red onion, olives, European cucumber, and topped with seared fresh fish fillets of tuna, it’s packed with delicious flavor.
Seared Ahi Tuna
- 4 ahi tuna steaks (4–6 oz each)
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil or cooking spray
- Optional: Balsamic Glaze
For this recipe, you can either use fresh tuna or you can pick up frozen filets from your grocery store’s seafood department. If you do go with frozen, just make sure to bring them to room temperature before you sear them.
- 4 cups prewashed spring mix, baby salad greens, or spinach/arugula mix, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ of a seedless English cucumber, finely diced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh feta cheese (the kind that comes in brine), crumbled
- Garlic salad dressing of your choice
- Optional: sliced green onions as a garnish
Step One – Sear the Tuna
- First, salt and pepper both sides of the ahi tuna steaks.
- Next, heat a large skillet or cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, swirl it around, and allow it to become heated. (Alternatively, you can coat your hot cooking surface with cooking spray in place of the olive oil.)
- Finally, place the ahi fillet in the heated pan and sear each side for 2-3 minutes. Place the seared ahi tuna on a plate and set it aside while you prepare the salad.
Step Two – Prepare the Greek Chopped Salad
- In a large bowl, combine greens, red pepper, red onion, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and olives.
- Next, add your desired amount of salad dressing to the bowl and toss until the salad is completely coated.
- Now, transfer the Greek Chopped Salad to a large serving platter. Place the Seared Ahi Tuna Steaks on top of the salad. Sprinkle the crumbled feta cheese all over the salad and tuna steaks.
- For an added touch, as the last step, drizzle the seared ahi tuna steaks with balsamic glaze.
Keywords: quick, easy, ahi tuna salad, greek chopped salad