Mexican Carnitas are so easy to make in your slow cooker. Use this yummy pork in everything from rice bowls (burrito bowls) to tacos, to hearty salads. Just throw a handful of common ingredients in your crockpot in the morning and a world of dinner possibilities will await you by afternoon!
· 1.5 pound pork roast shoulder
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
· 1 tsp ground cumin
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 Tbsp lime juice
· ¼ cup of water
· Salt and pepper to taste
- First, cube the pork into 2-3 inch pieces and place in your crock pot.
- Next, top the pork with the olive oil and cumin, salt, and pepper. Using a wooden spoon, mix together so that the oil and seasoning is fairly evenly distributed over the pork.
- Next, add the garlic, lime juice, and water to the slow cooker. Give the mixture another good stir with your wooden spoon to distribute the ingredients you just added.
- Set the slow cooker setting to “Low” and allow the meat to cook for 8 hours.
Keywords: Slow Cooker Mexican Carnitas Pork for Rice Bowls Tacos Salads Burritos