- 12 strips of normal sliced bacon
- 12 small red potatoes (the tiny baby kind)
- 1–2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Begin by boiling water in a medium-sized pot. While you are waiting for the water to boil, cut the potatoes in half width-wise.
- Once the water is boiling, add the halved potatoes and allow to boil for 8-10 minutes until they are tender. When they are done cooking, drain in a colander, and rinse with cold water until they are cool enough to handle.
- Cut the bacon strips in half widthwise and either bake in the oven or fry in a skillet until partially cooked but not crispy.
- Place the bacon on a paper towel-lined plate to drain and allow them to cool just a bit, so you can handle the bacon without burning your hands.
- Place a small piece of goat cheese (about 1/4 of an inch wide and thick) on the cut-side of the potato.
- Wrap the potato and cheese with one half of a slice of bacon, secure it with a toothpick, and place it on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Continue to do this until you’ve wrapped all of the potatoes in bacon. (You are going to want to keep a kitchen towel or rag nearby during this step. The bacon grease and goat cheese are a messy combination and you’re likely going to have the urge to wipe your hands every 7 seconds.)
- Once all of the potatoes and goat cheese appetizers are wrapped in bacon, sprinkle them with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.
- Place the Bacon and Goat Cheese Everything Bagel Appetizer Wraps on a serving tray, stand back, and watch them disappear. 🙂
- This recipe uses those tiny tiny red potatoes that are about the size of a grape tomato.
- I love goat cheese – my kids despise goat cheese. When I’ve made these by substituting fresh mozzarella for the goat cheese, they’ve gobbled them up. I’ve also left out the cheese altogether for non-dairy eaters. Still delicious. 🙂
- This recipe calls for 12 strips of bacon because that seems to be the average size of a package of typically sliced bacon. If your package has more, feel free to increase the number of potatoes to the number of bacon slices you have.
Keywords: bacon, baby potato, goat cheese, everything bagel seasoning, appetizer wraps