This chicken is incredibly moist and juicy. Literally the best whole chicken you’ll ever make, all thanks to your Instant Pot/Electric Pressure Cooker!
Whole Chicken – size will vary, just make sure that it fits in your instant pot. Recipe was tested using a 6.3 lb chicken. 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp pepper 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tbsp olive oil
- Turn on the “brown/saute” feature on your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker.
- Mix salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oil together in a small bowl.
- Rub half of the seasoning mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Place the chicken into your pre-heated cooker, breast side down for 2-3 minutes, allowing the skin to crisp up. While the chicken is in the cooker, rub the remaining spice mixture over the bottom of the chicken.
- Using a large pair of tongs, carefully flip the chicken over to the other side and allow the bottom to crist for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and place on a large platter.
- Add 3 cups chicken broth to the instant pot.
- Place metal instant pot trivet into the pot and carefully place chicken on the trivet.
- Place the lid on the instant pot and make sure that it is locked in place.
- Using whatever settings your machine designates for meat, set the timer to 40 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is up, carefully allow the pressure valve to release steam. (This will take about 10 minutes.)
- Very carefully remove chicken to a platter. It will be very tender and likely to begin falling apart!
Do not be afraid if this recipe calls for more broth and a longer cooking time than you’ve found elsewhere. It really does make a perfect, moist, fall off the bone chicken!
Keywords: Instant Pot Roasted Whole Chicken