This Prosciutto and Mozzarella Panini recipe is perfect for easy dinners or quick lunches. The hot Italian sandwich is filled with some of my favorite things and really hits the spot when I’m craving a deli-style meal but want to eat at home.
- 4 Ciabatta rolls, cut in half
- 1/2 cup of your favorite jarred pesto
- 2 tbsps of red wine or pomegranate vinegar
- 6 ounces package of prosciutto, sliced thinly
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, drained and sliced
- 2 cups of arugula
- First place the ciabatta roll slices, cut side up, on a cutting board and spread the pesto evenly amongst all 8 halves.
- Next, sprinkle the red wine or pomegranate vinegar on the four top halves of the ciabatta rolls.
- Now, divide the prosciutto evenly between the 4 bottom halves of the ciabatta rolls.
- Next, place the mozzarella slices on top of the prosciutto (distributing evenly amongst the four sandwiches).
- Next, evenly distribute the arugula over the mozzarella slices and place the top of the roll on each sandwich.
- Finally, place the sandwich in your panini maker, skillet, or grill pan and heat until the ciabatta bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- If you are using a skillet or grill pan, you will want to flip the sandwich over halfway through cooking (about the 4-minute mark) so both sides of the bread become nice and crispy.
Keywords: Italian Prosciutto and Mozzarella Panini, deli-style, easy lunch and dinner ideas