This Quick & Easy Bacon Pea Salad is the perfect side dish! This simple recipe is welcome at any meal and is always a crowd-pleaser at potlucks, barbeques, picnics, and Church lunches.
- 4 cups of frozen peas (thawed)
- 3/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup of prepared ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup of diced red onion
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of pepper
- 8 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the bacon in a large serving bowl, making sure that everything is coated with ranch dressing.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator, allowing it to chill for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Sir in the bacon crumbles just before serving.
- To make this recipe even easier, you can substitute 1/2 cup of real bacon bits (the kind that looks and feel like REAL bacon, not the dried kind) for the bacon strips.
- Use turkey bacon and reduced-fat ranch dressing to make it a little healthier.
Keywords: quick easy bacon pea salad side dish