This homemade Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe is such an easy way to feed your family one of the most classic dinners of all time! The all-ground beef meatballs are baked (no frying!) and then quickly simmered in your favorite jarred tomato sauce.
- 6 oz (half a box) of spaghetti noodles
- 1 lb lean ground beef (I like to use 90/10)
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2–3 cups of pasta sauce (Use more or less, depending on how “saucy” you like your spaghetti and meatballs.)
- Begin by preheating the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, mist a baking sheet with olive oil (using a Misto) or nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, and oregano. Mix with your hands until well combined and shape into 16 meatballs (about 1 ½ inches in diameter each).
- Next, place the meatballs on your baking sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes. While not totally necessary (meaning, I’ve forgotten to do this, and they turn out just fine), I like to take the meatballs out of the oven after about 6 minutes and flip them, so they brown evenly.
- While the meatballs are baking, boil your water and cook the spaghetti noodles according to the package directions.
- Place the spaghetti sauce in a large pot and, when the meatballs are done baking, add them to the pan. Heat the sauce and meatballs over medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- (You’ll know it’s done when the sauce is heated, and the meatballs begin to absorb some of the sauce. For good measure, I always like to stick my digital thermometer into the middle of a meatball to make sure it’s at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit because, well, salmonella freaks me out a bit.)
- To serve, place the spaghetti noodles on your plate and top with the meatballs and sauce.
Keywords: Quick and Easy Classic Italian Spaghetti and Meatballs, Baked, Ground Beef, Homemade, Dinner Idea