Rosemary Grilled Steak Salad is a delicious, hearty main dish salad that’s perfect for any meal. If you are searching for an easy dinner idea, this recipe combines the best summer produce topped with a delicious dressing that doubles as a steak marinade.
To Make the Salad Dressing/Marinade
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, removed from the stem and chopped
To Make the Salad You’ll Need
- 8 ounces of steak of your choice – sirloin, mock tender, and rib-eye work especially well
- 6 cups of fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3–4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing and mix together until they are well combined. (The easiest way to do this is to put everything into a small mason jar, make sure the lid is on nice and tight, and shake if for about 20-30 seconds.)
- Place the steak in a Ziplock bag and pour half of the dressing into the bag as well. Push out as much air as you can, seal the bag, and turn the bag over a few times to make sure that the dressing completely covers the steak.
- Allow the steak to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill the steak until it reaches your desired level doneness. Remove the steak from the grill and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before cutting it into strips. (If you are new to grilling, check out this post on how to grill for beginners.)
- Place the baby spinach, green onions, and tomatoes in a bowl large enough to hold them.
- Pour the second half of the dressing into the bowl and toss until the veggies are completely coated with the dressing.
- Next, arrange the salad on a serving platter and top with the sliced steak.
Keywords: grilled rosemary steak salad, dinner, main dish