This Skinny Banana Cream Pudding is quick and easy to make and has just a few ingredients (only 5!), so you can have this classic homemade dessert ready to serve in just minutes.
- One 3.4 oz package instant banana pudding
- 2 cups skim milk
- 8-ounce container of light Cool Whip
- 2–3 bananas (sliced approx. ½ inch thick)
- Approximately 35 Nilla Wafer cookies
- Make the banana pudding according to the package directions in a large bowl. (This usually involves pouring the pudding powder into a bowl, adding the milk, and stirring/whipping for a few minutes until the pudding is “set.”
- After you’ve made the pudding, gently stir in the Cool Whip until it’s completely incorporated and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Place a layer of Nilla wafers on the bottom of your serving dish. (You can use a trifle bowl, 8×8 pan, or any other like-sized serving dish. The number of Nilla wafers and the height of the banana cream pudding may vary depending upon the size of serving dish you use.)
- Next, arrange the slices from one of the bananas on top of the Nilla wafer cookies.
- Spread one half of the banana cream pudding mixture over top of the Nilla wafers and banana slices.
- Repeat step two, using the second half of the Nilla wafers, bananas, and banana cream pudding.
Refrigerate the banana pudding until ready to serve. (It is ready to eat right away, but the pudding will set and the Nilla wafers will get softer if you make it ahead of time and let it sit in the fridge for a bit.)
Keywords: skinny banana cream pudding, nilla wafers, quick, easy, few ingredients, healthy