This snickerdoodle zucchini bread is the BEST use for extra zucchini ever! Made with coconut oil for a healthy twist and cream of tartar for a traditional taste, it’s the perfect snack, dessert, or even breakfast!
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini (wet – do not dry it out first)
* If you do not have cream of tartar, you can substitute 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar*
*If you do not have cream of tartar, you can omit it from the topping, no replacement is necessary.
Using cream of tartar gives the bread a bit lighter/more cake-like texture than using baking powder. It also gives the bread more of a true snickerdoodle taste and your house will absolutely smell like you are baking snickerdoodle cookies!
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Next, coat two loaf pans (I used 4 ½“ x 8 ½“ pans) really well with the cooking spray of your choice.
- In a large bowl, beat oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until well combined.
- Next, in a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, creme of tartar, and salt until everything is well combined.
- Now, add the dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until well combined. (The batter will be thick.)
- Next, add the zucchini to the batter and mix again until everything is completely mixed together.
- Finally, in a separate small bowl, combine the cinnamon, sugar, and creme of tartar to create the topping mixture.
- First, fill half of each loaf pan with batter and sprinkle 2 TBSP of the topping mixture over the batter in each pan.
- Next, divide the remaining batter between the two pans and sprinkle the remaining sugar mixture over the tops of each loaf.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool completely on a wire rack prior to serving.
Keywords: snickerdoodle zucchini bread, 2 loaves, coconut oil, healthy, quick bread, dessert, brunch