f you're having Chinese food cravings, this easy Asian Inspired Beef and Noodle recipe comes together quickly in your own kitchen. This dish for Asian Inspired Beef and Noodles is a great recipe for busy nights when you want to feed your family comfort food in a flash.
- 2/3 cup of soy sauce
- 2/3 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 1 lb. boneless beef sirloin steak sliced thin
- 1 T. cornstarch
- 1 pound linguini noodles
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 large red bell pepper sliced thin
- 1 large yellow onion sliced thin
- 12- ounce bag of broccoli slaw
In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, broth, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger.
Next, add the beef strips to a gallon-sized ziplock bag and pour half of the marinade on top. Close the bag and gently turn until the beef is completely coated with the stir fry sauce. Refrigerate the beef and, for best results, allow it to marinate for at least one hour.
Add the cornstarch to the remaining sauce, stir until smooth, and refrigerate until you are ready to make dinner.
Remove steak from refrigerator and discard marinade.
Next, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet or large wok over medium-high heat. Add the marinated steak slices and stir-fry until just browned about 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
Now, ad the remaining olive oil to the same skillet and stir-fry the bell peppers and onions until onions become clear and soft, about 5-7 minutes. Next, add the broccoli coleslaw mix and cook until it becomes soft around 2-3 minutes.
Finally, add the beef, noodles, and reserved sauce mixture to skillet and toss until noodles are coated in sauce. Serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator - this reheats nicely for a quick lunch and is still amazing the second time around!
- You can easily swap beef flank steak or skirt steak for the sirloin
- Spaghetti or thin spaghetti noodles can be used in place of the linguini
- Trader Joe's frozen ginger squares can be thawed and used in place of the fresh ginger
- If you have any leftover veggies, you can also use them in equal amounts in place of any of the vegetables in the original recipe
- For a pretty presentation, top with green onions and sesame seeds.
- If you'd like some extra heat, lightly sprinkle with red pepper flakes