How To Make a Pancake Charcuterie Board
There’s nothing better than a pancake charcuterie board on a weekend morning to start the day off right. Just top a large cutting board with your favorite breakfast foods and some fluffy pancakes, and you’ve got the perfect brunch board for your whole family or guests.
Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.
Your family will love this fun, creative way to enjoy pancakes! It’s a great way to enjoy all the flavors and textures of pancakes in one meal. Not only is it an interactive, family-friendly way to enjoy food, but you can also get creative with different toppings and create unique flavor combinations with all the different types of pancakes.
When I create a breakfast board, I like to start with a special recipe in the middle and build around it with easy-to-prepare and store-bought items. For this board, the star of the show was Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes (recipe to follow at the end of the post). I then surrounded it with our favorite breakfast meats, store-bought mini pancakes, fresh berries, toppings, and breakfast meats.
A breakfast charcuterie board is a fun way to serve your family a delicious breakfast they can help themselves to.
These are the steps I take to build the ultimate pancake board:
- Begin by running your featured pancakes down the center of the board.
- Scatter 2-3 small bowls around the board and fill them with your favorite toppings.
- Place a second pancake option (such as mini pancakes) in two corners of the board.
- Place your hot items (bacon, sausage, etc.) in large open spots on the board.
- Fill a small pitcher with syrup and find an open spot for it.
- Fill in with leftover spaces with fresh fruit.
Here are some great ideas for creating your own Pancake Breakfast Board:
- Use your favorite pancake recipe to create the center of the board
- Mini Pancakes (Silver Dollar Pancakes)
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sheet Pan Pancakes cut into squares
Hot Items For Your Pancake Charcuterie Board
- Breakfast Sausage
- Crispy Bacon
- Hash Browns
Fresh Fruit Options
- Sliced Bananas
Our Favorite Pancake Toppings
- Maple Syrup
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter
- Shredded Coconut
- Plain Yogurt
Sunday Brunch Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
(makes about 4 servings)
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of blueberries
- Cooking Spray
- Whisk the egg yolks, milk, sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the wet mixture and continue to whisk until just combined.
- Next, fold in the ricotta cheese, then the blueberries, and set aside.
- Using the whisk attachment on your electric mixer, beat the egg whites on medium speed until they become frothy. Then, turn the speed up to high and beat until soft peaks form – this will take about 5 minutes.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter, scraping the sides until they are incorporated into the batter.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat, and spray with cooking spray.
- Spoon the batter in approximately 1/4 cup portions into the pan, ensuring that the pancakes have space between them.
- Cook until the bottom of the pancakes are golden brown and have begun to set (this should take a minute or two).
- Flip the pancakes over and continue to cook until golden brown on the other side and cook throughout.
- Repeat steps 7-9 with the remaining batter.