(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
This homemade Chicken Pasta Salad is an easy potluck dish that is alway a crowd pleaser at parties! Filled with chicken, pasta, broccoli, and cheddar cheese, it will become your new picnic and potluck “go-to”.
Your New “Go-To” Chicken Salad Recipe
A quick and easy chicken pasta salad recipe is a staple everyone needs. It is the perfect light lunch, dish to share at a potluck, or easy entree unexpected guests.
The salad is the perfect combination of filling chicken and pasta, crunchy broccoli, and tangy red onion.
Best of all, you can have this ready to eat in just about 20 minutes!
An Easy Short-Cut
My “secret weapon” for being able to create tasty dishes in minutes is to always have shredded chicken ready in my freezer. (If you hate “freezer cooking” so do I, but this recipe is one of the few exceptions that I make.)
Delicious stuffed into a croissant, the pasta makes it hearty enough to stand on its own. You can also place a scoop on top of a bed of lettuce or spring mix to add extra greens to the meal.
Sometimes, I make a batch on a Sunday afternoon for the sole purpose of packing it as a lunch during the week. I eat this salad for three days in a row and am still sad when it’s gone. It is THAT good.
This is one of those dishes that is so simple, yet SO good. Friends ask for the recipe every time I bring it to a potluck. I am certain it will become a favorite in your home as well!
More Posts You May Like
- No Fail, Fast and Easy Chicken Parmesan
- Deli Meat Asparagus Bundles
- Margherita Naan Bread Pizza – Ready in 15 Minutes
- Easiest Ever Broccoli Salad
- The VERY Best Deviled Egg Recipe
Everyone needs a “go-to” chicken salad and this will be yours. Whip up a batch for a quick meal or a potluck. This gets more delicious the longer it sits…if it lasts that long!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups small shell pasta
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into small florets
- 1 medium red onion, diced very fine
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mayo (I used avocado oil mayo)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water until cool. (I usually add a few ice cubes to the strainer as well, to speed up the cooling process.)
- While the pasta is cooking, wash the broccoli and chop into small florets. Dice the onion, using a handheld chopper if you have one, into very fine pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the mayo, sugar, and apple cider vinegar until well combined.
- Place the cooled pasta and shredded chicken into a large bowl and mix until combined. Add the cheddar cheese, broccoli, and onion to the same bowl, mixing well.
- Pour the mayo dressing over the salad mixture and stir until everything is well coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Keywords: Chicken Broccoli Pasta Salad Recipe