(Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.)
Everybody Loves Rosemary
Every time I serve Rosemary Chicken to someone new, they exclaim “I LOVE rosemary”. Which leads me to believe there is a high instance of rosemary lovers out there. Which further leads me to conclude that this easy weeknight dinner recipe is going to be a huge hit at your dinner table.
Quick, Healthy Meal Idea
This easy chicken recipe checks so many boxes when it comes to making a quick, healthy meal. The balsamic rosemary sauce is packed full of flavor, which is intensified when it caramelizes over the flame of your grill or a sear in a frying pan. And, the best part? From start to finish, the rosemary chicken only takes 20 minutes.
Quick Tip on Cooking Chicken Breasts
Sometimes when you purchase chicken breasts, they are huge. For example, your one-pound package of chicken may only contain two chicken breasts. When this happens, slice the chicken breasts in half. Cut as though you are going to butterfly them, but actually cut the entire way through. Not only does this decrease cooking time, but it also gives you more surface space. And, when that extra surface space is coated with yummy goodness such as this balsamic rosemary marinade, it’s a dinnertime win!
Easy Weeknight Meal Ideas
While the rosemary chicken is marinating and cooking, I usually just start a quick side dish to round out the meal. One of my favorites is fresh pasta (found in the refrigerator section of your grocer) or even a quick salad of arugula and sweet peppers. The key is to add something that you can easily throw together or cook while the chicken is being prepared. This will leave you with a complete meal in 20 minutes, which, on a busy night, can’t be beat! And, if you’re looking for another quick chicken recipe, check out this easy Sesame Chicken Lo Mein recipe.Print
Easy chicken recipe with a flavor packed marinade, Perfect for a weeknight when time is short.
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 3 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1- 1 ½ lb.)
- Place first 5 ingredients in a large Ziploc bag or medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Add chicken breasts to mixture and coat well.
- Let chicken breasts sit in mixture for about 5 minutes. Remove and place on a plate, trying to keep as much of the mixture on the chicken as possible. Discard olive oil mixture.
- Cook chicken on grill, on a grill pan, or in a frying pan until internal temperature reaches 165° Fahrenheit (About 5-6 minutes per side, depending upon thickness).
Keywords: rosemary chicken, easy weeknight dinner
Summer Hygge Recipes
5 Summertime Hygge Recipes - No Cooking Required