Cozy Spa Bedroom Ideas To Make Your Bedroom Extra Relaxing
These cozy spa bedroom ideas are perfect for giving spa-like vibes to any primary or guest bedroom in your house.
Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.
Having a bedroom with cozy spa vibes gives you the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day.
The right furniture, decor, and lighting can transform your bedroom spaces into your own private oasis.
Using calming neutral colors, soft fabrics, and calming scents goes a long way toward creating a soothing and comfortable spa atmosphere. Adding cozy seating, a comfortable bed, and soft lighting can instantly transform your bedroom into a peaceful retreat.
Whether you’re trying to create a guest room that’s extra cozy or a master bedroom suite that feels like a serene spa retreat, here are a few easy ways you can update your room:
- If your bedroom is stuffed to the gills, the first thing you need to do is declutter.
- Clearing out the visual clutter in your room will make the entire space feel more calming.
- If you need help getting started, check out this post on how to create a resort-worthy bedroom in under an hour.
Incorporate Simple Bedding
- Upgrade your bed with luxurious bedding elements like this amazingly soft Belgian linen duvet cover, linen sheets, or a new cozy blanket.
- All-white bedding will also give you those spa-like retreat vibes. (Check out this post on how to make the most comfortable bed even for more inspiration!)
- Add a few fluffy throw pillows and a lumbar pillow to your bed.
- Light, airy layers will give your bed a home spa retreat feel.
Scents & Sounds
- Diffuse essential oils like lavender and eucalyptus to create a calming feeling
- Purchase a wireless speaker so you can play calming spa-like music from your phone while you’re relaxing or nodding off to sleep. Or, if you prefer white noise, buy a noise machine instead.
Soothing Color Palettes
- Create an accent wall to create a focal point and add a pop of color.
- Refresh your walls with soft, calming, natural colors like light blue or gray.
- Hang floating shelves to display plants and spa-like accessories such as linen sprays and lotions.
- Make sure your bedside tables aren’t a dumping ground and display only a few, carefully curated items.
- Place a beautiful chest or bench at the foot of the bed.
- Add a comfortable chair for reading, journaling, or simply relaxing in at the end of a long day.
- If your room doesn’t have a fireplace, add instant ambiance by installing an electric fireplace.
- Add a headboard and bed frame in neutral colors or materials.
- Creating a sitting area in large bedrooms breaks up the space and makes the space feel more cozy and relaxing.
- Install dimmers for mood lighting and so you’re not subject to bright light as you’re trying to settle into bed.
- Install blackout shades and sheer window treatments. This will ensure your room is super dark at night but also light and airy during the daytime.
- Hang a string of white lights or tuck a few strands of these battery-operated fairy lights into spots around your room for a soft glow that will instantly give the room a more relaxing appearance.
- Soft white bulbs are perfect for bedroom lamps because they add a bit of warmth to a room.
Extras That Help With the Spa-Like Feel Of the Room
- If you have hardwood floors, add a plush area rug to add texture and create soothing warmth.
- Hanging a mirror or two will make small spaces feel more open and spacious.
- Invest in a few spa-like accessories like a soft white robe and fluffy slippers.
- Keep a good book near your bed or cozy chair.
- Hang some botanical prints or other soothing pieces of art on the wall.
- Buy a beautiful woven basket and fill it with a throw blanket and extra pillows.
- Adding some potted plants or faux greenery is a great way to bring nature in.
- If you love the sound and look of water, a tabletop water fountain is the quintessential zen spa decor.
- Set up a spot where you can enjoy your favorite wind-down rituals – whether that’s a cup of tea, a glass of wine, journaling, or reading a good novel.
- Just before you get ready for bed, remove any decorative pillows or throws from your bed and turn down your bed linens – so you have your own personal “turn-down service” every night!
More Ideas to Make Your Home Cozy
- How to Give Your Home a Hygge Vibe
- Checklists – How to Keep a Clean & Cozy Bathroom
- Hygge Decor Ideas For Your Kitchen
- How to Make the Most Comfortable Bed in the World
- Cozy Home Decor Ideas to Make Your House Feel Like a Vacation Home
- Ideas on How to Live a Hygge Lifestyle
- Your 10-Step Guide to Creating a Calm Home
- The Secrets People With Cozy Homes Know
- How to Create the Cozy Home You Crave
- Easy Steps to Get Rid of the Clutter for an Instantly Cozier Home