Lavender & Ylang Ylang Bath Salts are so quick and easy to make! They’re perfect to give as a gift or use yourself while soaking in the tub or enjoying an at-home spa day.
Note: The links in this post may be affiliate links.
I love soaking in a nice warm bath with scented Epsom salts. The problem I run into is that, unless I’m willing to spend extra for a high-end brand, I’m left with a product that has an artificial or chemical smell.
Plus, I like to add an extra generous scoop of bath salts to the tub, so I go through packages of this stuff way too quickly.
This recipe for Lavender & Ylang Ylang Bath Salts is quick and easy. It also allows you to make several batches at once, if you choose. It’s a natural, inexpensive solution to enjoying department store bath salts.
Why You’ll LOVE This Lavender and Ylang Ylang Bath Salt Recipe
- It’s all-natural and you control the ingredient list.
- It’s fully customizable. Swap out the Lavender and Ylang Ylang for your favorite essential oils, keeping the same proportions.
- It’s so quick and easy to make. You can whip up a batch at any time!
- It makes a much-loved gift – think Mother’s Day, Teacher Appreciation Day, or New Mom gift. These bath salts are always welcome!
What You’ll Need to Make Lavender & Ylang Ylang Bath Salts
- 6 drops of lavender
- 6 drops of ylang-ylang
- 2 TBSP fractionated coconut oil
- 2 cups of Epsom Salt
- Small wide-mouthed mason jar or similar container
How to Make Lavender & Ylang Ylang Soaking Salts
- First, place the Epsom salts in a medium-sized bowl.
- Next, pour the essential oils and fractionated coconut oil into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Next, pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the Epsom salts and mix together until the oils are evenly combined with the salts.
- Place the bath salts into the mason jar and put the lid on tightly so moisture doesn’t get in.
- If you’re giving this as a gift, tying a bit of twine around the lid adds a nice decorative touch.
When you’re ready to use the bath salts, add half a cup to your bathtub while the water’s running.
More Ideas for Creating a Cozy Life
- Simple Self-Care Activity Ideas You Need in Your Life Now
- Make Your House Feel Like a Resort for Your Family
- Your Ultimate Guide to Adding Hygge to Your Life and Home
- How to Make a Very Cozy Bed
- How to Create Cozy Meals with Hygge
- Turn Your Living Room Into a Cozy Retreat
- Decorate Your Home with Hygge
- How to Keep Your Towels Soft and Fluffy
- Create a Cozy Hygge Kitchen
- Make Your Bedroom Cozy in Less Than an Hour